Recipe by Dr Sarah Lantz
This recipe incorporates a host of adaptogenic herbs that can help the body handle the stresses of the day. Ashwagandha and chaga mushroom have earned a celebrated reputation for helping to quiet the minds and revitalize the bodies of those who find themselves juggling more things than they can handle. This blend is a unique and tasty way to work more adaptogens into your routine.
- 1 cup whole milk or unsweetened nut milk (such as almond or rice milk)
- 1/4 tsp. ashwagandha root powder
- 1/4 tsp. chaga mushroom powder (or your preferred mushroom powder, reishi, lion’s mane, maitake etc.)
- 1/8 tsp. star anise pod powder
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp. cardamom powder
- Pinch of organic nutmeg powder
- Raw, local honey, or your choice of sweetener to taste
Pour your preferred milk into a saucepan, set burner to medium-low, and warm until hot (but not boiling).
Add herbal powders and your choice of sweetener and whisk.
Transfer warm milk into a blender. Blend on high for about 30 seconds.
Pour the whipped milk into your favourite mug and enjoy.
Dr Sarah Lantz (PhD)
Buchi Brew Co. & Sacred Women’s Way
Want more recipes like this? Sign up to Bud Organic Club for free here and get them delivered straight to your inbox!