Did you know that olive oil can be used for more than just main meals?
Why not try this deliciously different bircher muesli recipe with a twist. It includes, you guessed it, olive oil!
- 250ml full cream milk
- 100g double thick cream
- 25g natural yoghurt
- 125g rolled oats
- 75ml orange juice
- 35ml golden syrup
- 50g sultanas
- 25g hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 green apple, diced
- 6 citrus (we used navel oranges, blood oranges, mandarins)
- Bertolli Organic Gentile Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Demerara sugar
- Combine milk, cream, yoghurt, rolled oats, orange juice, golden syrup, sultanas, hazelnuts and apple in a large bowl. Mix well then refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Cut citrus in half, place in baking tray, cut side up. Drizzle with Bertolli Organic Gentile then sprinkle with Demerara sugar before baking for 20-25 mins until softened and puffy.
- Serve bircher muesli topped with warm, baked citrus (serves 4-6).
For more recipes visit bertollioliveoil.com.au