WHETHER it be as a tasty pre-dinner aperitif, a decadent treat to ring in the weekend, or a cool drink to relish while winding down, everyone has a reason to take pleasure in a white vino on White Wine Day, 4 August.
The tradition of white wine making dates back to at least 5500 BC and the product is thoroughly enjoyed by many cultures across the world. It therefore comes as no surprise the highly regarded beverage is commemorated with its own calendar event. To help you celebrate the day, we have put together a list of the 25 award-winning white wines from the 2021 Australian Organic Wine Awards.
The awards were announced in April this year and judged by Mike Bennie, Alex McPherson, Josh Martin, Ramon Arnavas, Lilly Heenan and Millie Gosney, who collectively sampled 238 of the country’s top organic drops.
Of the 62 white wines up for adjudication, the 2020 Gnadenfrei White Grenache Blanc from Tscharke Wines in the Barossa Valley scored the White of Show, while the 2020 Colossus of Harry Sauvignon Blanc from Minimum Wines in Toolamba received Best Left of Centre Wine.
Our wine list has something for everyone and is the perfect guide to sampling delicious certified organic whites, which have all been produced under strict standards to ensure they are free from synthetic chemicals. This means they have less sulphites and additives and are just as nature intended.
- 2020 Gnadenfrei White Grenache Blanc, Tscharke Wines, Barossa Valley
- 2020 Colossus of Harry Sauvignon Blanc, Minimum Wines, Toolamba
- 2020 The Bartondale Chardonnay, Churchview Estate, Margaret River
- 2018 Ngeringa Single Vineyard Summit Chardonnay, Ngeringa, Adelaide Hills
- 2021 Family Reserve Picpoul, Horner Wines, Central Ranges
- 2021 Mount Horrocks Watervale Riesling, Mount Horrocks, Clare Valley
- 2021 Hailstorm Special Pet Nat, Minimum Wines, Toolamba
- 2021 McHenry Hohnan Apiary Block Chardonnay, Margaret River
- 2020 Soli, Churchview Estate, Margaret River
- 2020 Rosily Vineyard Reserve Chardonnay, Rosily Vineyard, Margaret River
- 2020 Stormflower Vineyard Chardonnay, Stormflower Vineyard, Margaret River
- 2020 St Johns, Churchview Estate, Margaret River
- 2021 Baileys of Glenrowan Small Batch Series, Baileys of Glenrowan, Glenrowan
- 2020 Turbul, Quealy Winemakers, Mornington Peninsula
- 2021 Mount Macleod Gruner Veltliner 2021, Caledonia Australis, Gippsland
- 2019 Lark Hill Vineyard Gruner Veltliner, Lark Hill Winery, Canberra District
- 2021 Farm Hand Pinot Grigio, Fourth Wave Wine, Wrattonbully
- 2021 Elephant in the Room ‘Flower Power’, Fourth Wave Wine, Wrattonbully
- 2021 Lark Hill Vineyard Riesling, Lark Hill Winery, Canberra District
- 2021 Mount Horrocks Cordon Cut, Mount Horrocks, Clare Valley
- 2021 2021 Yangarra Estate Vineyard Roussanne, Yangarra Estate Vineyard, McLaren Vale
- 2021 Atmata, Baileys of Glenrowan, Glenrowan
- 2021 Krinklewood Basket Press Semillon, Krinklewood Vineyard, Broke Fordwich
- Spring Seed Wine Co ‘Gypsy’, Battle of Bosworth and Spring Seed Wines, McLaren Vale
- 2020 Temple Bruer, Temple Bruer, Riverland
For the full list of 2021 Australian Organic Wine Award winners, visit this link.
0421 196 004