Recipe by Dominique Rizzo – Urban Feast Cooking School – @dominique_rizzourbanfeast
This healthy recipe from Dominique Rizzo is loaded with greens and easy to prepare. There are heaps of fresh and seasonal organic ingredients you can use when making it!
- 110g unsalted butter
- 100g plain flour
- 100g wholemeal rye flour
- 1tbsp each of lemon, thyme and rosemary
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 7 tbsp cold water
For the topping
- 1 bunch of organic spring onions, kept whole, roots trimmed
- 2 organic zucchini, cut into strips about 5mm thick
- 100g green peas, blanched and divided
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- Handful of soft herbs such as dill, basil and chives
- 100g brie
- 100g creme fraiche
- 2 eggs
- 1 small lemon, zested and juiced
- 100ml olive oil
- 100g organic mixed leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a food processor, combine the flours with the salt and cubed cold butter. Blend until the butter has crumbled with the flour, add in the whisked egg and cold water and blend again until the pastry just comes together.
- Tip the pastry onto a lightly floured bench top and bring the dough together into a ball, kneading gently twice only. This will keep the pastry crumbly. Flatten the pastry into a disk about 3-4 cm think, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 15 – 20 minutes.
- For the topping, heat a lined grill pan or non-stick frying pan over a high heat until searing hot, add the oiled zucchini in batches grilling on each side 1-2 mins, or until you have achieved dark char marks. Set aside on a plate. Place the red onion and the cleaned shallots onto a baking tray, drizzle with some of the olive oil, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until softened. Allow to cool.
- Place the brie, creme fraiche and one egg into the processor you used for the pastry, blend until smooth and combined, season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the pastry out between two pieces of baking paper to a rectangle roughly 35 x 25cm. Peel off the top layer of paper and spread the cheese mixture over the pastry, leaving a 3cm border. Fold the pastry border over the cheese mixture and brush with egg wash. Slide the tart onto a pre-heated baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow the tart to cool slightly. In a large bowl combine the grilled zucchini, red onion, shallots, leaves, green peas and herbs, season with salt and pepper and pour over the lemon juice, toss lightly together then pour the salad over the tart. Serve at room temperature.
About Dominique Rizzo
As a chef, restaurateur, author and TV presenter, my aim is to inspire people to cook with fresh, seasonal, local produce. When I am hosting cooking classes, my aim is to educate people and build confidence in the kitchen. At the same time, I live to inspire creative cooking to bring vitality onto people’s plates. I love sharing my passion for all things world food, with like-minded foodies and travellers.
Want more recipes like this? Sign up to Bud Organic Club for free here and get them delivered straight to your inbox!