Recipe by Dominique Rizzo – Urban Feast Cooking School – @dominique_rizzourbanfeast
This easy to prepare dessert can be made with certified organic ingredients, and is a perfect treat for the summer heat! The ingredients below are enough for 5 glasses or serving bowls. Alternatively, these amounts can make one large cheesecake in a 20cm spring form tin.
- 2 1/2 cups organic granola + ½ cup extra for garnish
- 5 tbsp organic dark cocoa
- 85g melted organic butter
- 40g organic dark chocolate
- 200g organic yoghurt
- 150g quark
- 500g ricotta
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup maple syrup + 2 tbsp
- 1 punnet each organic raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and mulberries
- In a bowl combine the granola with the cocoa and set aside ½ a cup.
- Melt the butter with the chocolate.
- Place the larger amount of granola, melted chocolate and butter in a food processor and blend until combined and a fine crumb. Divide the granola mix into 5 glasses or serving bowls and press the mix down to create a base. Refrigerate.
- Rinse out the food processor and add in the yoghurt, quark, ricotta, maple syrup and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Combine the berries with the 2 tbsp maple syrup.
- Spoon or pipe the yoghurt mix into the glasses, top with the berries and garnish with the extra granola. Refrigerate until set, approx. 20 – 30 minutes, or overnight.
About Dominique Rizzo
As a chef, restaurateur, author and TV presenter, my aim is to inspire people to cook with fresh, seasonal, local produce. When I am hosting cooking classes, my aim is to educate people and build confidence in the kitchen. At the same time, I live to inspire creative cooking to bring vitality onto people’s plates. I love sharing my passion for all things world food, with like-minded foodies and travellers.
Want more recipes like this? Sign up to Bud Organic Club for free here and get them delivered straight to your inbox!