Recipe by Balance by Elise
Celebrating the start of Australian Organic Awareness Month with this delicious Organic Honey Chicken & Asian Greens (recipe below)!
I’m not perfect, but I do always try to choose certified organic products whenever possible. A lot of products on supermarket shelves claim to be organic when they really aren’t, so Australian Organic Limited is making life easier by helping us to identify the trusted’ Bud’ logo on all certified organic products in supermarkets. By looking for the Bud, you know you can trust these products to be organically grown and free of synthetic chemicals that often sneak their way into our food.
I’ve discovered Inglewood Organic’s range of fresh Organic Free Range Chicken through the Australian Organic Awareness Month initiative and am excited to share this recipe featuring their Organic Chicken Strips!
This recipe definitely needs to be added to this week’s dinner menu, enjoy!
Organic Honey Chicken & Asian Greens
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Try to source Certified Organic ingredients where possible!
- 500g Inglewood Organic Chicken Strips
- 3 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil (or i tbsp EVOO + 1 minced garlic clove)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 bunch Baby Pak Choy, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil (or 1 tbsp EVOO + 1 minced garlic clove)
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Jasmine rice, cooked
- Sesame seeds
- The night before, add Inglewood Organic Chicken Strips to a bowl with 1/3 cup coconut aminos (reserve extra tbsp for later) & other honey chicken ingredients. Stir to coat chicken evenly. Cover & leave in the fridge to marinate overnight (or min. 1 hour).
- On the day of serving, heat a fry pan over medium-high heat & add 1 tbsp EVOO.
- Pour in chicken & marinade. Spread out in the pan & allow to cook for 5 mins without stirring to allow the sauce to begin caramelising. Let sit for another 5 mins, stir again. The sauce should be bubbling & starting to caramelise. Continue cooking until chicken is cooked through & charred, add in the extra tbsp of coconut aminos, stir & cook for 1 more min.
- Remove from heat & set aside.
- Move onto cooking the greens. Heat olive oil in the pan over high heat & add greens ingredients. Stir & cook for 2-3 mins.
- Serve honey chicken & greens with jasmine rice & garnish with sesame seeds!
Love This Recipe? Share The Love!
Love this recipe? Feel free to share on social media with your friends and family.
This recipe and imagery is copyright by Balance By Elise and created by certified nutrition and health coach Elise Blight in proud partnership with Bud Organic Club for Australian Organic Awareness Month 2021.