Breakfast, lunch or dinner who cares! Fritters are a perfect meal for the whole family. Children love these; especially little toddlers who want to feed themselves. They are an excellent source of protein from the eggs and Barambah’s High Protein Cottage Cheese.
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 garlic clove, very thinly sliced
- 500g Barambah Organics High Protein Cottage Cheese
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¾ cup spelt flour
- coconut or olive oil, for frying
- lemon wedges, for serving
In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, garlic, cottage cheese, eggs, lemon zest and 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
Stir well, and then stir in the flour until just mixed.
In a large skillet, heat a dash of oil until shimmering.
Working in batches, add 2 tablespoon mounds of the zucchini batter to the hot oil, spreading them to form 3 inch fritters.
Fry over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned and crisp.
Drain the fritters on paper towels and serve right away with lemon wedges.
Learn more about Barambah’s Organics range of products here.