It’s spooky season which can only mean one thing, time for Pumpkin Spice Lattes! Try this quick and easy recipe to recreate this October favourite without the guilt!
Pumpkin Pie Spice
For this recipe, you’ll first need to make your pumpkin spice mix, which includes:
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cloves
Simply mix all these spices together and store in an airtight container. This spice mix can be used in a range of recipes, from drinks to desserts – you can thank us later!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup organic milk of your choice (use non-dairy if needed)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree (buy canned puree or make your own, see notes below)
- 1 tbsp organic raw sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (recipe above)
- 1/4 cup strong organic coffee
- Mix milk, pumpkin puree and sugar in a saucepan and heat. Remove from heat before it starts to boil.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Strain through a fine sieve into your favourite mug or latte glass.
- For extra indulgence, place the sieved mixture into a milk frother to thicken.
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and sugar, delicious!
Too hot for Summer? Let the mixture cool and serve over ice for a refreshing twist on this Winter classic.
Make your own pumpkin puree
If you want to make your own pumpkin puree, simply cut a pumpkin in half, scoop out the seeds and roast on a baking tray in the oven until tender. Once cooled, scoop out the cooked flesh and blend in a food processor until smooth. Since this recipe only calls for 1 tablespoon of puree, you can use the rest to add into soups, curries, cakes, muffins or even scones.