This refreshing dessert takes a different spin on a traditional cake, using crepe layers and fresh fruit to create a lighter, healthier alternative that everyone will love. Using Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray to make sure your crepes flip with ease!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Whipped cream
- Diced mango flesh
- Fresh passionfruit pulp
- Finely chopped mint, to serve
- Store-bought mini meringues, to decorate
- To make the crepes, combine all ingredients in a blender and blitz until combined. Set aside for 30 mins for the batter to rest and thicken.
- When ready to cook the crepes, heat a small (20cm) non-stick frypan over medium heat. Spray the pan with Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour in 1/2 cup of the batter – swirl around the saucepan to coat the base completely. Return to heat and cook until you see small bubbles coming to the surface of the crepe. Use a spatula to carefully flip the crepe and cook for a further minute.
- Cook remaining crepes, spraying the pan with Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray between each crepe.
- Allow the crepes to cool completely before assembling the cake.
- To assemble the cake, start with a cooled crepe on the bottom. Spoon 2-3 tbsp whipped cream on top and spread to the edge of the crepe, leaving about a 1cm border. Top with mango and passionfruit pulp, repeat with remaining crepes, cream and fruit.
- Sprinkle the top with mint then decorate with mini meringues. Serve immediately.