Recipe by Dominique Rizzo – Urban Feast Cooking School – @dominique_rizzourbanfeast
This light and healthy salad is topped with delicious whipped feta, mint, thyme and macadamias. Make sure you use as many certified organic ingredients as possible with this simple and refreshing recipe!
- 1 small watermelon, peeled, sliced into 2cm slices and cut into triangles
- 1 small organic red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves
- 5-6 sprigs of thyme
- 250g organic cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Zest of 1/2 a lime
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 70g toasted macadamia nuts, chopped.
- 150g feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons organic yoghurt
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon of organic olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Into a large bowl, add in the sliced watermelon, red onion, mint, thyme, sliced tomatoes and lime zest. Toss gently and set aside in the fridge.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a small jar.
- Place the feta, yoghurt, lime juice and garlic into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- To assemble the salad, dollop down the whipped feta, adding the melon salad on top.
- Finish by scattering over the pomegranate seeds and chopped macadamia nuts, before drizzling over the dressing.
About Dominique Rizzo
As a chef, restaurateur, author and TV presenter, my aim is to inspire people to cook with fresh, seasonal, local produce. When I am hosting cooking classes, my aim is to educate people and build confidence in the kitchen. At the same time, I live to inspire creative cooking to bring vitality onto people’s plates. I love sharing my passion for all things world food, with like-minded foodies and travellers.
Want more recipes like this? Sign up to Bud Organic Club for free here and get them delivered straight to your inbox!