Why not try this delicious chicken recipe from our friends at Inglewood Organic? Escabeche is a common dish in Spanish, Portuguese, Filipino and Latin American cuisines, where vinegar and spices are utilised for a tasty and fragrant sauce.
- 6 Inglewood Organic Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 carrot, fined diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- 2 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 bay leaf
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sultanas
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- In a large Dutch oven, add 1 tbsp of oil and heat to medium heat and place the
drumsticks in to brown all over. Remove and set aside.
- Add the onion, carrot, garlic and oil into the same pan and sauté over medium
heat. Stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent.
- Add cumin and coriander and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add bay leaf, vinegar, 1⁄2 cup water, and boil. Add the drumsticks into the
pan nestling into the base evenly.
- Scatter the chilli and sultanas and place into the oven, uncovered, until the chicken
is cooked through. About 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with mint. Serve immediately with rice or