Note: This recipe is free from gluten, grains, dairy and sugar.
- 1 tbs organic coconut oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cardamom
- Pinch chilli powder (to liking)
- Pinch salt
- 1kg organic beef chuck (cut into 2-3 cm cubes)
- 2 x 270mL canned coconut milk
- 4 cups cauliflower, riced
- fresh coriander to serve
- fresh lime wedges to serve
- fresh chilli to serve
In a large heavy-based saucepan, heat coconut oil and sauté onions for 2 minutes over medium heat until soft.
Add garlic and spices. Stir over low-medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add beef and brown for 2-3 minutes.
Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 1 – 1.5 hours or until meat is tender.
Meanwhile, heat extra coconut oil in a large, deep frying pan and add riced cauliflower with 1 tbs water, stir over medium heat until soft.
Check curry for seasoning and adjust by adding extra salt if needed.
Serve cauliflower rice and curry into serving bowls. Top with fresh coriander, lime wedges and fresh chilli for freshness.
• Great to serve with a side of greens or add spinach leaves in final 5 minutes of cooking time.
• Adjust spice to liking by adding more or less chilli (can also use fresh chilli).
This recipe was developed for Studio Pilates by Brisbane nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish. A creamy coconut curry with fragrant spices and tender organic beef from Sherwood Rd Organics.